Guidelines for Writing an Effective Press Release
Heading (Headline) and Summary
- Headline should be relevant to the PR’s content
Headline must be recent and important to be announced. In short, it should be newsworthy.
• Headline should be under 80 characters and include active verb and subject.
• Summary of PR should be a reflection of the press release’s content.
• Do not use any exact paragraph as a summary.
• Summary should not be too long; it should be two to three sentences long.
Format of Press Release
- The word count of your press release should be between 400 to 800 words.
The image size should not be more than 200KB.
• Only one image per press release is allowed in jpg, png or gif format only.
• Only embedded videos are allowed. Make sure the video is embedded correctly in the press release.
• PR should have a relevant news angle such as announcing something new.
• Press release written as an advertisement or a sales letter will not be approved.
• Impartial tone should be used throughout the press release.
• Use Capital and Small letters appropriately.
• Don’t ask the question(s) within your PR.
• Use spacing properly.
• Ensure you insert properly formatted links.
• Ensure PR is formatted properly; for example, do not add double space, use proper punctuation marks and symbols.
• The ratio of links to words is 1 link per 200 words.
• Include original quote that someone has actually said in the past.
• Your PR should not include links or references to illegal material, profane language or sexually explicit material.
• PR should not have written to harm or take personal revenge against a group or a person.
• Avoid using SPAM words. Any such words will be filtered out by filters and should be refrained.
• Avoid using email id within the body of the PR.
• Include actual contact information where users can reach to you.
• Include the place from where the PR originates.
• PR’s content should be free of grammatical and spelling errors.
• Avoid using symbols and special characters in the headline like © or ™ etc.
Guidelines for PR Content
- Your content should have an impartial tone throughout the complete press release.
Avoid making any spelling and grammatical errors.
• Avoid writing PR like an Article, Sales letter or an advertisement.
• Don’t use spam words in PR.
• Georgia Online Website does not publish PR related to lawsuits and with negative connotations.
• Georgia Online Website does not accept duplicate press releases.
• Georgia Online Website does not publish press releases which promote illegal news or content.
• Georgia Online Website does not publish press releases with only opinionative content.
• Georgia Online Website does not accept PRs which promote dating items, explicit content, escort, sexual enhancement supplements and other products.
• Georgia Online Website does not publish content that promotes firearms, weaponry, and armory.
• Georgia Online Website does not accept press releases that seek publicity for pay day, mortgage, short-term or long-term loan services and cash.
• Georgia Online Website does not promote press releases that include political or radical opinion/view.
• Georgia Online Website does not publish releases related to a government board, ministries, policies, agencies, offices, administrations, departments and others.
• Georgia Online Website does not publish content related to a radical religious view.
• Georgia Online Website does not promote releases with intent to defame or harm any person or group.
• Georgia Online Website does not distribute PRs containing unauthorized stock ticker symbols.
• Georgia Online Website does not accept releases on topics related to drugs, tobacco, alcohol, e-cigs, raspberry ketones, Kratom, HCG, Garcinia Cambogia, and other related items.
- Georgia Online Website does not promote releases related to Gambling, Casinos, Betting etc.
Georgia Online Website does not accept PRs that proclaims bonus, discounts, price cuts, coupon codes, sales, or anything related to the direct or indirect promotion of advertorials or services/products.
• Georgia Online Website does not promote topics related to illegal device rooting, unlocking or jail-breaking of devices.
• Georgia Online Website does not accept PRS on affiliate product reviews or trials that are promotional.
• Georgia Online Website does not accept releases that are written as an article and are not news worthy.
• Georgia Online Website does not accept press release announcing the launch of a new website, blog posts or other content.
• Georgia Online Website does not publish content that promotes body modification and cosmetics.
• Georgia Online Website does not publish topics such as pirated software, APK, cracks, and others.
Disclaimer: The Georgia Online Website team has the right to publish, discard or delete part or all the published/submitted documents, if it is inappropriate/irrelevant to be published without any prior notice. The decision by the Georgia Online Website shall be ULTIMATE and cannot be questioned.