The third president of Georgia, Mikheil Saakashvili, names 5 conditions in which he will be transferred to Vivamedi clinic for examination.
The statement is spread on Mikheil Saakashvili’s Facebook page. Saakashvili is all set to go to the VivaMedi clinic for examinations but on several conditions.
As my health is extremely poor and I think it is incompatible with vital signs, I agree to go to the clinic “Vivamedi” for examinations, emergency medical care and treatment with the following conditions:
1. Provide permanent access to my family members, my personal doctor Nika Kipshidze and the members of the Alternative Commission from the Center “Empathy”, which is defined by law and which I have been illegally refused so far;
2. Access to working hours by persons defined by law, lawyers and members of Parliament;
3. In each examination, diagnosis, prescribing, as well as the fact of further stages of treatment or recovery, the fact of recovery should be determined by the composition created on a parity basis, with the involvement of the Center “Empathy” and in case of their consent with the participation of the members of the Public Defender’s Council;
4. As soon as I receive an answer to the above questions, I am ready to go to “VivaMedi” immediately;
5. Please make a decision on these issues with the involvement of my family members and lawyers,” Saakashvili said in a statement.
The Ministry of Justice offered Mikheil Saakashvili to be transferred to the Vivamedi Clinic for examination today, May 10.
Minister Rati Bregadze said at the briefing that Saakashvili would receive “appropriate treatment if necessary” at the clinic. Bregadze explained this offer as the reason for “avoiding possible complications”.
UNM member Koba Nakopia later said that Saakashvili agreed with the Ministry of Justice.
Mikheil Saakashvili has protein starvation, which is probably caused by resistant post-traumatic stress disorder and depression, which eventually led to anorexia. According to the conciliation, neuropsychological and physical rehabilitation is required.
Mikheil Saakashvili’s family demanded his transfer abroad for treatment and called rallies.