Tbilisi: The Ministry of Defense of Georgia invites citizens of Georgia aged 18 to 35 years to contract military service, and persons who have relevant education and/or experience in logistics, communications, medical, engineering and chemical, aviation and air defense specialties, including 45 years.
To get a contract job you will go through the following steps:
• Medical check up
• Basic combat training course (BCT-2 months)
During the BCT course, you will receive a payment of 500 GEL per month. From the day of enrollment in the initial combat training course you will be provided with nutrition, military uniform (field equipment), accommodation, top-level medical services, social and legal guarantees. When allocating in work, the territorial principle according to the place of residence is considered maximum.
The starting salary of the queue is 1530 GEL. Salary increases depending on rank, position and military experience. One-time supplement after the end of the first contract 5 000 GEL (to be collected), and after the end of subsequent contracts (to be collected): 3,000 GEL for a 2-year contract, 8 000 GEL for a 4-year contract.
Contract military service will benefit from benefits and privileges in both the public and business sectors.
• The Ministry of Defense offers you and your family members (spouse, child) to co-financing studies in authorized higher schools of Georgia. Also, while studying accredited bachelor and master’s degree programs, for higher academic achievements, the Minister’s Scholarship in the amount of 750 GEL per semester (without taxes and pension contributions).
• Military servicemen as sergeants and officers will be given professional and career development opportunities.
• The agency offers them to study foreign languages (English, German, French, Turkish and Russian), participate in career courses abroad (Europe, Canada and United States).
• After starting a contract job, you will have the opportunity to master an additional profession (electrician, electrical welder, heavy construction equipment operator, vehicle technician, engine specialist, car repairman (electrical technician), low voltage electrician) both in schools in the defense forces, as well as with the funding of the Ministry of Defense Civil Co At the leges and vocational training centers.