Georgia: The Georgian Health Ministry said on Thursday that it had formed an Advisory Board of Georgian physicians who are successful professionals in top institutions throughout the world.
The Board, according to the Ministry, would be involved in enhancing the quality and accessibility of medical services as well as developing mechanisms for the professional development of medical personnel in the country.
Moreover, the Board, which is made up of ten doctors from major institutions in Europe and the United States, will provide “qualified, objective” recommendations based on foreign experience, according to the Ministry.
The Board involves professionals as follows:
- Josif Nanobachvili, an angiologist from Hospital Vienna, Austria
- Maia Pataraia, a neurologist from Hospital Vienna, Austria
- A radiologist from Diagnostic Center in New York, USA, Dimitri Tvildiani
- Tamar Kvartskhava, an epidemiologist from Flushing Hospital Medical Center, New York, US.
- Irakli Shoshiashvili, an Ingolstadt Medical Clinic surgeon-traumatologist, therapist, and internal medicine specialist
- Ivane Chachkhiani, a VAMED Mediterra Regional Hospital in Prague, Czech Republic, is a venereal disease and abdominal surgeon.
- Giorgi Nadiradze, a surgeon and visceral surgery specialist from University Clinic for General, Visceral, and Transplant Surgery, Tübingen, Germany
- Alexi Baidoshvili, a pathologist-anatomist from the Netherlands’ Georgian International Medical and Public Health Association
- Givi Maghradze, a Freiburg University Hospital otolaryngologist, Germany
- Sofia Natriashvili, a neurologist and child and adolescent psychiatrist at University Hospital Vienna, Austria